Can you grow weed in an aerogarden? Another popular email we keep getting. the short answer is: Yes! There are several really amazing websites out there that offer good tips and tricks on setting up a successful aerogarden to grow marijuana in. Now that Arizona allows 6 plants per person (12 per household)!
- get one of the aerogardens (elite or higher) that has a higher light source. Click here to see one that we’ve known to work If you want to grow the entire grow period in your Aerogarde, stick with a larger style. I have done this, but fair warning that the plant will not grow that large and you will later wish that you moved it into a DWC setup. Trust me. Aerogardens are great for clones or sprouting seedlings; they are not a perfect environment for full growth.
- buy additional lights SpiderFarmer, MarsHydro, VivaSun
- buy additional pump/air rocks for the water bin. We’ve seen growers try to grow huge weed plants in a smaller unit and the roots rot from stagnant water.
- don’t use the “food” that comes with the aerogarden. Use THIS (click to see on amazon)
- only plant ONE seeding or clone. Don’t fill the entire other aerogarden spots. Your grow will be way too full=root rot, out of space. Close the holes that you aren’t using.
- buy seeds of strains that will stay shorter. The aerogarden goes about 24/2 ft or 3ft in height. you’ll also need to top it. Usually indicas stay shorter. You can purchase from HERE